My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Stairmaster is obviously a spawn of the Devil

Week: 1

The excercise regiment on 20/20 is very structured. On Mon/Wed/Fri's I meet with my Personal Trainer (Emily Cripe scroll down) at 6:00am. On these days we work out for 90 mins, split between cardio and strength training about (50mins cardio, 40mins strength training). On the alternate days (Tues and Thurs) I do 60 mins of cardio on my own.

During this first week Emily has had me on the Stairmaster, which is actually called a "StepMill". This is an evil machine. Unlike traditional stair climbers where your feet depress and lift an arm (and you can cheat by taking small steps) the evil machine rolls around real sized stairs. When it says you've climbed 20 floors, you really have.

This machine makes me sweat. It makes my legs burn. And it makes me get angry at pretty much life, the universe and everything.

Fortunately we only spend 10 or 15 mins on this before switching to something more civilized, like the elipticals or treadmills.

RSS Site Feed