My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Chugging along in the maintenance phase

Original Weight: 320

Last Check-in: 262.8

This Week: 257.2

Total Lost: 62.8

I’ve been pushing myself harder these last two weeks hoping to really break through the 260 barrier. I dropped 5.6 for the last two weeks and I’m comfortably into the 250’s.

As I noted in my bike log I did a really long bike ride this weekend. Almost 50 miles is what I’m considering really long, especially since it takes > 3 hours and I burned in excessive of 3,000 calories. I also managed to climb out of bed at 5am the next day for an Indoor Cycling class. That was challenging. Both mentally (with my little voice screaming at me to stay in bed and take a rest day) and physically (with my legs screaming at me that I’m an idiot exercising less then 12 hours after a half-century on the bike). By the end of the class I felt fine.

My dietician didn’t have much to add/change or do for me this week. I showed her how I bumped up the calories (to 2400) for the day of the bike ride, but have stayed between 1600 to 1800 for the rest of the days. She says I’m doing perfect and there’s nothing different to do.


-daryl welsh

RSS Site Feed