My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Friday, January 28, 2005

"You can do anything for 60 seconds"

Week 13 I think….

Each Friday Emily and I skip our usual routine and do the 6:00am Indoor Cycling class. I’ve written about this below and each time I take the class I find it more fun to do. I attribute 3 things to the increasing fun factor in these classes…..1) I’ve dropped almost 50 pounds and sitting on the bike, even with those tiny seats, doesn’t make my ass sore anymore…… 2) I got a pair of bike shorts with the padding in the appropriate areas which helps even more on the sore butt problem…… 3) Ganelle, the Wed/Fri 6am instructor is awesome.

I’ve gone through sessions now with 4 or 5 different instructors and she is by far the best. She has a great way of making me push myself harder then I would otherwise. One of her favorite lines is “You can do anything for 60 seconds” which she’s usually spouting out as we’re trying to nail a really tough interval. I also enjoy her music selections much more then the other instructor. One reason is that there are lyrics in most of her songs which she grabs for a reason. The wording is often picked to be inspirational or motivating, especially when we are in the toughest parts of the workout.

The other thing I really like about Ganelle is that she tries to train us like bikers. She’s constantly working us through getting the most efficient pedal stroke, and ensuring we’re not wasting energy through our upper bodies. I seem to always forget to leverage my hamstrings during my pedal stroke and depend too much on my quads. This must be a common problem because she somehow senses it and reminds the class about it all the time.


-daryl welsh

RSS Site Feed