My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Things you *almost* never hear your trainer say....

Week: 6

 

Yesterday while working out, I was approaching the 20 min mark on the Stepmill when I told Emily that I was going to step it up to level-6 for the last 10 mins.  My heart rate was already at the top of my training zone and going up to level 6 moved me into the low 170’s  (my range is 132 to 162).

 

Emily then said “when you workout tomorrow I want you to take it easy and stay at the low end of your training zone.”  Now this is almost unheard of. Trainers are usually pushing people to go harder, to do more, or go longer. Her reasoning seems sound.  This whole week I’ve been pushing very hard during my cardio’s with her, and on my own I did a Spinning class on Tuesday.  With our plan to do Spinning again on Friday she felt the need to make sure that I had some sort of recovery before we pushed hard on Friday together in the Spinning class.

 

As I trudged through 60 mins on the elliptical today I found it tough to stay at the low end of my zone.  It was a constant battle to go slower, or reduce the resistance, but keep up enough of a rhythm to make it smooth.  I finished the workout and felt as if I could’ve gone on for another few hours.  I’m sure I actually couldn’t but it did feel like a really lite-workout.

 

 

RSS Site Feed