My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Changes in behaivor

Week: 6

 

I met again with Sara, my therapist this week.  I still think these are somewhat frustrating for her as I end up giving very simple answers to her questions.  “Everything is going good…. Thanksgiving was fine, we had a good plan, stuck to it, and even lost weight that week…… no real roadblock or challenges.” 

 

One thing we did talk about was this blog and how jotting down changes in behavior was a good idea.  1) to reinforce it and 2) to recognize the achievement for what it is.  So as I come across stuff I notice myself doing differently I’ll try and remember to note them in this blog.

 

Here are a few changes to date:

 

A cup of yogurt can be a satisfying after-dinner snack.  I use to be pretty heavily into ice cream, cookies, etc about 2 or 3 hours after dinner.  Now I’m finding a single cup of Cascade fresh yogurt ends the day on the right note.  Six months ago I would have laughed at the thought.

 

I don’t ‘have’ to eat the samples at stores.  Stores like Costco and especially William Sonoma this time of year, are bending over backwards to hand out samples of their product.  This weekend my kids thought they were in candy heaven inside WS.  While tempted a bit, I was able to say ‘no thank-you’ and shopped without adding on the extra fat and calories.

 

 

On a different note, I hit a new milestone on my arch-enemy the Stepmill.  Instead of waiting for Emily to push me up, I decided to take it from 20 mins to 30 mins on level 5.  This turned out to be a lot more work then I expected.  It was just under 500 cals in those 30 mins. My legs were like rubber afterwards, but I still managed to get through my strength training, including all the leg work. 

 

On Friday I’m going to try doing a Spinning class instead of the normal cardio work we do.  I’ve heard good things about it.  Emily said she’d ride along as well, so hopefully she’ll share in the pain.

RSS Site Feed