My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Start of Week 5.... CHEESE ME

Week: 5

Original Weight: 320lbs
Last Week: 302.2lbs
This Week: 300.6lbs
Total Weight Lost: 19.4lbs

I only lost 1.6lbs this week. This trend is very disturbing. I went over my concerns with my dietician, but she didn't seem concerned at all. She looked at it more of a ~20lbs in 4 weeks...that's a good trajectory.

I did realize that about 302/304 was a weight I was at for a long time. I hovered at this weight for about 18 months in the last two years. She thinks this might be a previous 'set-point' for my body and even though I'm excercising and my calories are at the right level, my body is 'fighting' to stay at the previous 'set-point.' My marching orders from her were to continue doing what I'm doing for the meals and excercise and the weight will start to fall off eventually. (I don't like that term "eventually.")

There is no denying that this is hard work at times, but when you see the scale coming down the efforts balance out against the reward. Waiting for the 'eventually' makes it hard to balance out.

I was able to add cheese to my diet starting this week. Only a couple of ounces a day but it has opened up new foods like Caesar Salads, Taco Salads (no shell of course) in addition to have a nice chunk of pepperjack melted on a grilled chicken breast to add some flavor and texture.

A few days ago I made some homemade Chili (no beans) and surpringly it turned out really well. I stole the recipe from Williams-Sonoma and modified it by using lean ground hamburger and no masa harina. Yesterday for lunch I had some leftovers with some grated cheddar (low-fat) and some sour-cream (low-fat). Damn! That was a great lunch.


RSS Site Feed