My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Monday, November 15, 2004

Weekends are the hardest...

Week 2:

The ‘relative’ rigidity of the Mon through Fri schedule helps keep this diet and exercise program on track. At least for me, hitting the regular food intervals (8am, 10am, 3pm, 6pm) is pretty easy during the week. On the weekends all hell breaks loose.

It starts with the desire to actually get some decent sleep. If you sleep ‘in’ to 8:30 or so (which is 3 hours past normal) the whole schedule is already thrown off track. Throw in the extra activities that happen on the weekends, like our daughter’s 5th birthday party and Chuck’E Cheese’s this weekend and trying to hit a schedule is nearly impossible.

This weekend we tried to having a larger breakfast to get some early calories in the day and hoping this would hold us over to when we got in the rest of our food later in the day. I came up with a pretty tasting recipe for a breakfast scramble:

Sauté 1 cup of sliced mushrooms, 1 green onion, and 2 oz of roasted turkey breast meat with 1 tsp of olive oil, and some seasonings of choice (we used an Italian Seasoning Blend)
After the mushrooms are cooked, add in two scramble eggs and mix, mix, mix.
Serve hot and top with a tablespoon of fresh salsa.
(Optional) Serve with a few slices of tomatoes to ‘fill out the plate’.

Cal: 300, Fat: 17g, Protein, 23g
(using egg beaters would reduce the fat significantly.)


Sitting a couple of hours at a pizza joint (no matter how bad their pizza is) is pretty tough. The smells really trigger desires that both my wife and I were able to suppress, and fortunately there was enough chaos that no one noticed or made a big deal out of the fact we weren’t eating any of the cake, or pizza.

Sunday morning was tougher as we took the kids to Krispy Kreme to use the coupons they had gotten for Halloween. I sat there at the table munching on
Might Mo Soy Nuts while my kids snarfed down 3 doughnuts each. I think this whole concept of being in ‘chemical balance’ has merit because I did not feel a super strong desire to have one, and again other then the smell reminding myself of eating them in the past I was able to let it go.
RSS Site Feed