My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving....fortunately no fall from the wagon

Week: 4

Ok, let me get the nitty gritty out of the way first….. The Thanksgiving meal was 860 calories. About double a normal meal, but not too bad considering previous holiday meals.

On the menu was:

White Breast Turkey Meat (Appa Valley Farms Roasted from Trader Joes)
Chestnut Sausage Dressing (recipe provided by the 20/20 folks)
Caramelized Pearl Onions
Green Bean Casserole (reduced fat version)
Heinz Homestyle Turkey Gravy
Caesar Salad (romaine lettuce and Cardini’s lowfat dressing)
1 glorious slice of Pumpkin pie

Totals: 860 cals, 30 g fat, 40 g protein

I think the thing I missed most about this Thanksgiving was the grazing and snacking that goes on during the day and especially during meal preparation. A tradition at our house is to make Chex Mix, and not having it this year was somewhat of a let down. The other thing is there are no left-overs. We consciously threw everything away as soon as the meal was done to avoid the other traditions like late night snacking, or next-day hot turkey open-faced sandwiches.

As far as exercise goes, I did end up taking the day off. But Emily and I spent extra time in the morning on cardio where Friday morning I burned off over 900 calories with a combined 70 mins of work on the bike and elliptical.

RSS Site Feed