My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Monday, January 17, 2005

Week 11: 45 pounds have gone

Starting Weight: 320lbs

Last Week: 280lbs

This Week: 275lbs

I’m not sure why, but hitting 275lbs feels like milestone for me. It has been a long time since I’ve been at this level. I can remember back as my weight was in the 280’s/290’s range a few years back that I would try to ‘get back in control’ by dieting till I got back to 275lbs. I was only able to do this a few times before getting back to 275 seemed like an unattainable goal.

Now I can only hope it is just a point in the road and I try to drive down to 190lbs. That is the weight I want to get down to. I don’t think I actually put a numeric value on it so far. But this is a weight I was at in college where I was able to pass the Army’s physical fitness tests and earn a 2.5 year ROTC scholarship (I never took the scholarship by the way, electing instead to drop-out and pursue the life of a broke, out of work college student, scraping by with menial jobs)

This last week I was only able to workout three times (I did Indoor Cycling all three days). I was pretty sick and am still not completely recovered. Today Emily was back and I did a full workout (Cardio and Strength). I’m not sure if it was from still feeling a little sick or not having worked out since last Thursday, but man was I dragging ass. I did all the routines including 30 mins of the StairMaster at level-6, but I was super exhausted. By the time we hit the last few strength machines I was rubber armed, and feeling a little dizzy. I never felt like I was going to pass out or anything, but it was unusual. The protein shake I had after working out made me feel much better, so I think it may have been my lack of calories from the day before (only 1200 on Sunday).

As I’m settling into week 11 the routine of Cardio options has been getting dull. For the most part there are only three or four options at the club (stairmaster, elliptical, treadmill, bikes). I know there is swimming, but I’m just not ready for that yet. Five workouts a week on this limited set of options starts to make things boring. I think I’ll talk to Emily about it on Wednesday. This may just be a sub-conscience desire to stop doing the stairmaster, as I do hate this machine with a passion, and we start all our routines with it.


-daryl welsh

RSS Site Feed