My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Monday, January 31, 2005

Week: 13 the weight loss slows.....

Starting Weight: 320lbs

Last Week: 272.8lbs

This Week: 270.4lbs

Total Weight Loss: 49.6lbs

Man, I really was hoping to hit 50 pounds this week. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. I’m still think that this weight I’ve been at the last three weeks (275ish) was a previous set point for me. I’m expecting now that as I pass through the 270 mark that I’ll get back to 3 or 4 pounds a week.

Of course losing 2 or 2.5lbs a week is not all that bad. 1% of body weight a week is suppose to be the safe and healthy way to lose. With that as a guide line I should feel too bad. Also I’ve been bumping up my calories these last few weeks. Not a huge amount but I’ve been in the mid-1700’s a number of times with 3 or 4 servings of grains per day. My dietician said that the grains will probably slow down my weight loss. I’d like to give them up but we are constantly trying out new items to see if anything triggers strong cravings.

Also today is my birthday. I’m 34 now. In a couple of weeks I’ll re-do on the initial testing that was done at the start of the program and I’m hoping that my ‘body-age’ comes in a lot less then my physical age.


-daryl welsh

RSS Site Feed