My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Sunday, May 01, 2005

A week out / off

It's been seven entire days now since I last worked out. A series of unexpected events have pushed me out of my training zone and I'm a bit freaked about it.

It started after the long bike ride last Sunday. I woke up to go do an indoor cycling class early Monday morning, and decided after all the miles on the bike, and with my knee hurting a bit towards the end, I would take a rest day on Monday. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do at the time.

On Monday I learned I needed to fly down on the 6:30am flight to California for some family issues on Tuesday. I was down there all day Tues and Wednesday, not getting back until 1:30am on Thursday morning. I didn't even hear the alarm go off for my Thursday morning class. I was barely able to get up in time for work.

While in California I think I did a 'fair' job of staying focused on my meals. I keep thinking about staying in 'chemical balance' and less about what specific things I could and could not eat. I was sorely tempted to stop in an In-n-Out burgers a icon of great food in Southern California. I managed to avoid the place but did sucumb to having 1/2 of a plain chocolate milkshake on Wednesday during lunch. That was my only sugary type of food I happened to consume, the rest were fairly balanced except for getting stuck at Ontario Airport Wednesday night with Round Table Pizza being the only available option. I could've chosen a garden salad, but went with the personal sized sausage. Damn it was good. Totally loaded in fat, but did I meantion that it was damn good!

Friday my wife was flying down to San Diego and I promised I would take her to the airport. I badly mistook her take off time and thought I'd have enough time to work out in the morning and still have time to get her down to SeaTac. I didn't so I had to miss my scheduled appointment with Emily. Saturday and Sunday were spent all day alone with the kids which leaves me late now typing about how its been 7 days since I've worked out.

I checked the scale this morning and I'm exactly where I've been for the last two weeks, hovering right at 245lbs. At least with my trip and lack of excercise I have gone up any pounds.

Monday I'm going to get back into my 5 day a week workout routine. I may change it up and try doing a lap around Lake Sammamish in the mornings instead of a spin class at the gym. There is only 20 days left until my Tour de Cure ride and I've yet to do a full 70 miles, let alone one with as many hills and elevation gains as this ride will be.

My goal for this week will be to get in 150 miles, which is just four times around the lake plus one long 50~60 mile weekend ride.
RSS Site Feed