My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Friday, April 22, 2005

Last Dietician appt

On Monday I had my last dietician appointment. I also weighed in and had only lost a single pound for the previous two weeks. This was dissapointing.

We walked through my meal tracker and found a number of items in the last few days that were pretty high in sodium and she thought it may be a factor in the reduced weight loss (retaining water). I had worked out 5 days each of the previous two weeks. Her advice was to watch the sodium and keep going, and the weight loss would continue.

She also talked to me about NOT sticking to an abstinence only policy when it comes to 'trigger' type foods. For example I've completly avoided foods like ice cream, or cakes for the last six months. She asked me what I would do if I found myself craving something like that or at a birthday party. My policy for the last six months has been to avoid them. Going forward FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, she explained this is not practical.

Instead I should make allowances (in her words maybe 'a couple of times per month) where I have a small ice cream for example. Keep all the other success factors in mind (like make sure there has been proteins and fats consumed to balance the sugar/carbs). My son has his 7th birthday on May 8th, so I think I'll make that the first 'allowance' and see how it goes.

By the way a few days after this appointment, I stepped on the scale and was down 3 more pounds (to 245lbs.) This brought my total weight loss to 75lbs.
RSS Site Feed