My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Definately slacking on the strength training...

Now that I am in phase-2 of 20/20, I only meet with my trainer twice a week for 60 mins at a time. I think most people in this phase do cardio on their own and do the strength training on those two days they meet with their trainers.

I've asked Emily to do it a little different, as I still want to do the Indoor Cycling classes on Friday mornings, which leaves us only 1 day each week for weights. I'm starting to rethink this as today was really challenging. Almost across the board I've lost strength in my upper body.

Emily also explained that when people focus too much on a single set of muscles (like I've been doing with all the bike training) the body can start to consume some of the muscles from other parts of the body for energy. I now have this twisted image in my head of muscle fibers in my arms and back feeding directly into my legs everytime I slide into the saddle of my bike.

The bottom line is that in the first 15 weeks of this program we were doing strength training 3 days per week and I saw lots of steady progress. That's all fallen to crap in the last 5 so I'm going to need to do a lot of this on my own. Deciding when and which days is the challenge.
RSS Site Feed