My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Monday, April 04, 2005

Only one more dietician appointment to go...

Original Weight: 320lbs
Weight Two Weeks ago: 252.6
Current Weight: 249lbs

Total Lost: 71lbs.

Today was my next to last meeting with the dietician. I posted a few days ago that I had gotten down to 249 and was pretty excited. Between last week and yesterday I had bounced up and down a few pounds. In the end when I weighed in this morning I was through the 250 barrier (another big hurdle for me!)

I didn't workout this morning like normal. I did six days straight last week, including 30 miles on the indoor trainer this weekend which I wrote about in my STP training journal. This morning, when the alarm went off at 5:20 my body refused to move. Because of the time change it really did feel like 4-in-the-damn-its-too-early-to-get-up morning. Also I know I need to give my legs some time to recover....so I went right back to bed.

As I've been hitting these new 'lows' in my weight I'm finding myself more and more tempted to 'try' things I haven't had in a long time. The mind really starts to play around in justifying it too. "Hey you've worked this hard, you can drop by Coldstone for a small." Or "Don't worry once will never hurt." I find myself thinking about this more and so far I haven't given in to the temptation. I've gone back to check my meal planner to make sure there aren't any specific items that are trigger these thoughts, and I really can't find anything.

I think more then anything it's just been almost six months of controlled eating and needing to break free some. I'm still working to make smart choices even as the food options expand. For example, up till now all the pizza we've had has come from the Bistro, where they have 20/20 approved food. I like the Margerita Cheese pizza a lot. This weekend we tried Papa Murphy's deLite pizza. The calories were only about 150 more then the 20/20 pizza and was a good change of pace. Aside from the crust being paper-thin, I was really happy with it.

With only a few weeks left on the program I'm now starting to think about long term success. I've gone through other weightloss programs in the past and have lost a good amount of weight. The challenge now will be in keeping it off. I feel like I've been given all the tools I need and a solid set of information/education.

My short-term goal right now is to get down to 235lbs by May 21st. This is the day I'm riding in the Tour de Cure (and still looking for sponsors!). That's 7 weeks and 14 pounds to go. I'll need to average 2lbs/week, which is getting harder and harder as I lose each pound.

-daryl welsh
RSS Site Feed