My 20/20 Lifestyles Blog

This is a place to keep my thoughts on going through the 20/20 program at The Pro Club (www.proclub.com)

Friday, April 22, 2005

Toughest Spin Class Yet

Now that I'm tracking insane amounts of data on all my work-outs I can make a statement like "this was the toughest workout ever" and know its an accurate remark.

On Wednesday when doing my strength training with Emily I had a really bad shooting pain in my right leg when doing leg-presses and squats. This freaked me out a bit, as I'm six months into this training and haven't had any physical problems at all. I took it easy on Thursday (played 9 holes of golf in the morning) and by Friday morning my knee was feeling much better.

In Friday's Spin class I wanted to see if the knee would hold up, especially since I'm planning to do a tough outdoor ride on Sunday. The knee felt fine!

After about 10 mins of warming up, I decided to push my zone-4/zone-5 efforts as long as I could. It started by getting my heart-rate 165 by coming out of the saddle. I decided to stay off the seat as long as I could. I managed to remain 'climbing' for the next 33 mins straight. I also kept my heart rate bouncing between the high 160's and into the 170's. The thing that was making me want to stop was my feet.... 30 mins out of the saddle is a lot of pressure on the balls of my feet.

I averaged 166bpm for 55 mins and burned >1200 calories.

RSS Site Feed